Job Title: Development OfficerPosted 10/5/2020/span>
To communicate the Compassion Center's ministry to friends of this ministry.
- Develop, plan, produce and write (or delegate the writing of) all correspondence to donors or potential donors (newsletters, brochures, appeal letters, thank you letters, etc.)
- Work with Executive Director to develop yearly plans and schedules for publications.
- Develop various themes for publications.
- Compile collections of "desired stories".
- Novice level photography and editing.
- Utilize media to communicate news, services and the needs of the ministry.
- Write newsworthy press releases for area newspapers.
- Write periodic letters to editors of local papers, commenting on current subjects related to this ministry.
- Develop relationships with various radio and T.V. broadcasting stations, providing them with PSA's and following up on broadcasts.
- Build relationships between the mission and area business and corporate leaders.
- Set up meetings between the Executive Director and various Business leaders.
- Develop luncheons and seminars which would be meaningful ministries to business leaders.
- Set up meetings between the Executive Director and various pastors and church leaders.
- Seek funding through foundations and corporate grants.
- Schedule, organize and produce fund raising and friend raising events.
- Explore with the Executive Director, new and innovative approaches to developing donors.
- Other duties as required
- Reports to Exective Director
- High School Diploma and willingness to learn.
- Experience in public relations, communications, management and implementing organization objectives.
- Working knowledge of finance and budgeting.
Knowledge of and understanding of the teachings of Jesus Christ and the Holy Bible desirable.
Skills Required/Behavior Characteristics:
- Good oral and written communication
- Good judgement/decision making
- Stress tolerance
Weekend and/or evening hours sometimes required.
Competitive and benefits based on experience
Click here to apply. Please attach a Cover letter with your resume. Include the job number for the position you are applying for.
3618 W. Roosevelt Road
Little Rock, AR 72204
We are a non-profit Christian organization and Equal Opportunity Employer. All positions are subject to drug screen and background check.